Fall Cleanup pricing

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by dmk395, Dec 1, 2018.

1. mattymax

mattymax LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I price it. I know how long it will take me and one other guy. And then a small bump for business overhead.
    I know some companies put hours on the bill. I don’t

Matt

2. petscanning

petscanning LawnSite Senior Member

Think about it. Leaves and the type of equipment you need is kinda different from lawn equipment. If you mulch leaves you will go over them at least 4-5 times so that’s like quad mowing. Then the dust it alone is worth money: then if you dump them that takes time and money and gas.
    I sell it well to them and explain to them the efficiency of what Im doing vs a guy raking and bagging. Plus I dont charge a dump fee on top of what I'm doing.
    I have done a many leaf job and never had anyone say they didnt think it was worth it. Many have told me I removed more leaves in 2 hours than what they could do over a weekend. $200 is so worth it vs 12-16hours of physical labor most people agree.
    Leaves are about the only thing I charge hourly bc I believe its the hardest thing to gauge as far clean up time. I usually say it will take me 1-2 hours and if its 1.5 hours its $150. They feel they are getting a bargain and I'm being honest. I dont stand around and I'm go go go and I think thats what impresses them the most.
    One last thing you come by and give a bid and tell them you will be back in 2 days and it rains or sprinklers go off and wet the leaves. Wet leaves are way harder to move (unless you have a echo pb 8010 lol) and way heavier. Well hourly lets me get the extra money for this inconvenience.
    I dont even have enough time to keep up with the demand and most customers I see about 1-6 times a leaf season depending on yard and trees.

ArTurf likes this.
  3. Mownmachine144

Mownmachine144 LawnSite Senior Member

How big of a yard do you charge $200?

4. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

One that takes him two hours to complete.....

Jack Hammer and Mownmachine144 like this.
  5. petscanning

It depends on size of yards, obstacles, and number of trees. Normally a standard lot so I would estimate 6000sf lot Id guess

6. Delmarva Keith

Delmarva Keith LawnSite Senior Member

I’ve been trying to buy an 8010. Where did you snag it? My local equip dealers tell me backordered, wait ‘till Spring, yadda yadda. :mad:

7. petscanning

Several dealers here in okc had them

8. Delmarva Keith

Thanks! Any you know of with website and will ship? Even scouring the interwebs I can’t seem to find one.

9. petscanning

10. Delmarva Keith

Thanks again! No go on their website but maybe it’s not listed yet. I’ll give them a call Monday.