1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Fall cleanup rate in NY

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Sup3rman, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Sup3rman

Sup3rman LawnSite Member

I was just wondering if any of you might know what a fall cleanup hourly rate goes for in Orange County, New York. I was thinking of calling a few of the well established companies in the area for a free estimate on my own lawn to guage on pricing but figured I would ask here first.

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

basing your pricing on others is a sure fire way to get in $$ trouble in no time flat. lets say for arguments sake that they charge $30pmh, if you have an operating cost of $35pmh then you obviously can't charge $30pmh. You have to know your business, your costs and your desired/reasonable profit to know what to charge.

3. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

I charge one rate for regular labor and one rate if using power equipment[Blowers, mowers,etc. ie: 25.00-30.00 perman.for straight labor. 15.00for a helper [High schooler etc. pay helper going rate 8.00and up. If using equipment try for 50-60per hr. hope this helps:waving:

4. Sup3rman

Sup3rman LawnSite Member

Well I figured it is still helpful to know the going rates that people are paying the bigger companies. I understand I need to know my own operating costs and what not, believe me.

And thanks Tom C. , your information and input was helpful and appreciated.