1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

fall leaf cleanup?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scott in the soo, Aug 16, 2004.

1. scott in the soo

scott in the soo LawnSite Member

yes, sad to say but summer is almost over.. just a quick question about bidding on leaf cleanup jobs. i am switching over from charging per hour to charging per truckload.

for the guys out there who charge per 1/2 ton truck load,, what is your rate per load and 1/2 load???????????

please respond.... thanx

2. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

I think most people do it by how many yards they get. I am going to charge $20-25 extra per yard to take the leaves away. It costs $9 a yard to dump, but if I drive out 40 minutes I can dump the trailer for free. Thats 15+ yards of leaves dumping for free, which will be $300-$350 per dump trailer load + the cost of the actual cleanup.

3. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

I charge for time only. Some yards that are big and few leaves will take much longer than small yards with tons of leaves. I like my method of charging for time that way I don't mess up big on estimates and end up with less than I need year after year on the same accounts.

4. Oates_Landscaping

Oates_Landscaping LawnSite Member

This is probably a stupid question considering I'm working in the same area as you but, were do you dump your yard waste? Anywere locally.