false use of lic.

1idejim

LawnSite Fanatic
we're required to put license numbers on all legal docs, bids, cards ect.

has anyone had someone acquire your number and use it without your knowledge? 2 years ago it happened to me.

Stuttering Stan

LawnSite Bronze Member
I've never had it happen but I can see where it could be a problem. Mr. Trunkslammer copies your number and uses it for his benefit. What is the penalty is caught by the authorities? A slap of the wrist?

ARGOS

LawnSite Silver Member
I got turned in last year by another licensed contractor for not having my number on one of my trucks. I definitely complicated things when the other contractor asked me my number and I told him to take a flying leap.

OP
1idejim

1idejim

LawnSite Fanatic
I got turned in last year by another licensed contractor for not having my number on one of my trucks. I definitely complicated things when the other contractor asked me my number and I told him to take a flying leap.

in the state of california, i believe that only plumbers and well drillers are required to have their company name on the trucks, although if you put your name on the truck, your lic. no. has to be on it.

argos, isn't it kinda short sided for a guy to turn you in for something that unimportant

Top Forums