Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
I have 2 Dollar General and 3 Family Dollar. The DG are different owners and 2 of the 3 FD are different owners and 2 different owners at the several Sonics as well. There are ways to find the owners like looking at the WHOIS from the websites they run. Or just take a walk into one and try to get information from the store Managerwich is my prefered method

· Registered
3,763 Posts
Your question is wildly random, The more important question for you is .. How do these Large companies hire Landscape service?. For example The entity walmart and Mcdonalds would 100% different from one another as they operate significantly different .. It's a nonsensical question to lump these two into the general question. Mcdonalds alone would have at 3 least totally separate tiers on how landscape business are hired for the landscape- Totally separate to mickey D's alone. Ie Mcdonalds corporate would never ever know the lanscape company for franchise # 1364 in a small town of north dakota

· Registered
20,129 Posts
I have 2 Dollar General and 3 Family Dollar. The DG are different owners and 2 of the 3 FD are different owners and 2 different owners at the several Sonics as well. There are ways to find the owners like looking at the WHOIS from the websites they run. Or just take a walk into one and try to get information from the store Managerwich is my prefered method
I'm just so curious about two things.

How is it that you've been a member for thirteen years but only have seven posts?

And more importantly how are you on top of answering this thread so quickly if you are so rarely posting? Are you a super lurker? 😆 aka read a ton but rarely post...

· Registered
11 Posts
I'm just so curious about two things.

How is it that you've been a member for thirteen years but only have seven posts?

And more importantly how are you on top of answering this thread so quickly if you are so rarely posting? Are you a super lurker? 😆 aka read a ton but rarely post...
Yes

· Registered
62 Posts
Does anyone knoe who currently holds the contracts for landscape and mowing for Family Dollar, McDonalds, Walmart, etc in Texas & Louisiana? Thank you for any help!
Does anyone knoe who currently holds the contracts for landscape and mowing for Family Dollar, McDonalds, Walmart, etc in Texas & Louisiana? Thank you for any help!
If I were you I would try to get Dollar General. Around here it seems that once you get the contract you don't ever have to show up to do the work. Either that or Dollar General never hires anyone to do there stores. None of them ever look remotely taken care of. You're welcome!

· Registered
1,310 Posts
DG in central Illinois wants an absolute minimum service level...like mow just before it reaches City Ordinance warning letters. My closest DG had a tree fall during a storm a month or so ago...since it is entirely on their property corporate has told the manager to ignore it and let it lay...real first class outfit...

· Registered
5,228 Posts
All of those locations looked like trash, when we lived in Texas. Now, we have moved to Ohio, and they all look like trash up here too. I would stay away from these type of mowing contracts, where the customer is cheap, and the 3rd party administrator is worse than cheap. If you read past posts here, many of these guys have had trouble getting paid by these 3rd party administrators.

· Registered
1,310 Posts
Our local Walmarts are all kept very nice. We also have a regional office in the back of one of our 6 area stores, 4 of which is consistently in the top 10 nationally ranked stores and 3 of which are consistently in the top 5, many times vying for #1 nationally. Perhaps this has something to do with it, but our stores are very well maintained. One of stores in Pekin, IL. is nicknamed "Perfect Pekin".

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We have mowed Dollar General through Divisions as well as some Walmart stores and Lowes. They seem to be losing their Walmart stores and thought maybe someone would have info on how to get in to mow these stores independently or through another management company. We have not had any payment issues as of yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts