Lawn Care Forum banner

Fans in enclosed trailer

5K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  covalawn 
#1 ·
Has anybody ever installed fans in their enclosed trailer?

#2 ·
saw a framer i know had a fan on the roof vent blowing air out, kept it pretty cool. He also has a tv, dvd, mini fridge, and microwave. Although nothing is ran from the trucks power, he has a plug on the outside that he plugs in at the job site, it was originally just to power the big air compressor

#4 ·
All of the newer trucks have the 7 pin plugs, 1 of those pins is hot power straight from the truck battery. You could wire it from the trailer plug to the fan and as long as you're plugged into a truck, you've got power to the fan.

#6 ·
SamTheLawnMan said:
I was told by my trailer dealer that it was a BAD idea to put an electric fan in my vent on top my enclosed trailer. He told me that it MAY cause the trailer to catch fire...Didn't ask to much more after he told me that.;)
I not going to put them in the vent, I thinking about getting a couple of fans and mounting them to my shelves in the front of the trailer.

I was wondering what would be the best way to power them. I was thinking of wiring them into the 12 volt dome lights in the trailer. Then, if I wanted the fans on just flip on the light switch.

Would this work?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.