• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Farris 1500Z Good? Bad? Anyone know?

ccondie

LawnSite Member
Hello Iam looking to purchase a Ferris 1500Z 52" 25hp kaw. I have only been looking in to a few and i found that i could get the best deal on this one at this time. Does anyone know anything about these? Any information would be great. I cant really make up my mind and was looking for a couple opinions. Thanks
Chris

TriPLandscaping

LawnSite Member
Great machine, I have the 48/21. Very nice ride. I got a very good deal on mine it was sitting in showroom for a year. I got it for $4800 so $5300 w/ tax. No hours. I only about 100 hours on the machine. The only problems i had with it is with the ingtion. Under warranty so its fine for me.

dignan

LawnSite Member
I currently have a 36 inch hydro walk behind and looking into getting a zero turn. I have looked at Snapperand Scag. Was Ferris your first zero turn? If not what did you have before and how does Ferris stack up to it? I am just trying to get feedback from anyone who can attest to Ferris being better, worse i.e. dependability, durability and overall low down time? I am also curious about the acreage per hour that Ferris boasts of. Does it really do what it says it does? What kind of acreage per hour am I looking at in an open field?

Jasonn B

LawnSite Member
Hello Iam looking to purchase a Ferris 1500Z 52" 25hp kaw. I have only been looking in to a few and i found that i could get the best deal on this one at this time. Does anyone know anything about these? Any information would be great. I cant really make up my mind and was looking for a couple opinions. Thanks
Chris
Did you get this machine?

There is one for sale used here for $5,500 with 220 hours on it, a 2006. Is this a good deal?