Fast Strap

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by LucysPa, May 31, 2017.

1. LucysPa

LucysPa LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I liked the idea behind Fast Straps and made my own. No more bouncing of the mower and it takes like 5 seconds per strap, its great.

But then got to thinking.. and probably over thinking.. If the mower is now only secured by the rear wheels, would big enough bumps cause the front to bounce thus forcing the wheel motors to turn since the rear tires are immobile? I haven't noticed the front bouncing but this thought keeps nagging me.

Basically, am I going to stress my mower/hydros/parking brake by transporting it with rear wheels secured and no strap on the front end?

I saw no mention of securing the front end in any fast strap related information I perused.

2. Ready to Mow

Ready to Mow LawnSite Silver Member

I think bouncing around in the air is worse than being secured to the trailer. It being secured to the trailer isn't any different than being used in a field.

3. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Unless you are off roading with your mowing rig you should be fine my man.

hort101 and JLSLLC like this.
  4. beaureguard

beaureguard LawnSite Member

I've been using the Fast Strap system for a few years now. They are great and I've never had a problem.

hort101 likes this.
  5. TrainingWheels

TrainingWheels LawnSite Bronze Member

Uh you have to overcome the hydro and the brakes...We set our up so it sets against the brake and makes it even harder to move.

BR,

~TW

GrassManKzoo and JLSLLC like this.
  6. Ready to Mow

~TW[/QUOTE]
    who's it made by? I can only find them on amazon and they are $90 for two. It seems like they have a few different manufacturers. One made by Erickson. looks pretty stout.

7. TrainingWheels

TrainingWheels LawnSite Bronze Member

who's it made by? I can only find them on amazon and they are $90 for two. It seems like they have a few different manufacturers. One made by Erickson. looks pretty stout.[/QUOTE]

I think we got ours off Green Touch, we used two but it says they are rated for 800 lbs each well worth $90.00 a wheel. Just in the time, I've saved this summer not tying down equipment. We only bungie down two fuel cans now.

BR,

~TW

8. beaureguard

beaureguard LawnSite Member

greentouch.com

9. DXN1EL

DXN1EL LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

10. Ready to Mow