Faster way to drive Snap-Edge nails

McLandscapingInc

LawnSite Member
I am looking for a fast way to drive the spikes in on snap-edge. I recall hearing some people use an air hammer, but not sure. We have 4800 linear feet to drive, the job specs call for a spike in every hole. Please feel free to share any ideas you may have. Also, sorry if this topic has previously been covered.

Thanks in advance,

McNichol Landscaping Inc.

DVS Hardscaper

LawnSite Fanatic
if im not mistaken i believe Techo-bloc has some sort of a spike driver tool.

Also, in terms of spiking every hole, what type of pavement is this? In other words is this a driveway (or something for vehicular use), or is it a patio (or something for pedestrian use)?

If it's a driveway, it may be better to spike every hole. But if it's pedestrian use then we do not spike every hole.

crazymike

LawnSite Senior Member
Techo has a spike driving tool. It looks pretty slick and under $150. It hooks up to your hammer drill, cups the spilke, and drives it in.

I don't own one, but seen it in use, and plan to get one. Only problem is, they say it hooks up to a certain bosh hammer drill. I have not looked close enough to see if it only goes on this hammer drill, or if it is recommended.

If they made one to hook up to my SDS rotary hammer, I'd buy one i a heart beat.

OP
M

McLandscapingInc

LawnSite Member
The spikes are spec'd for every hole because its a big commercial parking lot.

I think for 150 I'll just make a few on the lathe. Looks like what I was thinking. Thanks for everyone's help.

DVS Hardscaper

LawnSite Fanatic
Isn't driving spikes into the ground what laborers are for?
Posted via Mobile Device