1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Fastrack 36''

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by BanvilleLawnCare, Sep 30, 2007.

1. BanvilleLawnCare

BanvilleLawnCare LawnSite Member

My dealer has a fastrack 36'', with a 16hp Kohler Courage engine for $4000. Is this a good deal? Also, the Fastrack is considered a residential/ light commercial use mower. Next year I hope to do about 10 lawns that are all about 1/3 acre. Would the Fastrack be a smart buy or would I want to go full commercial?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

That would be a 15 hp Kohler Courage engine.
    I would not suggest this unit for what your explaining here, I would step up to the Mini Z 36" if at all possible, it is a full commercial unit.
    You will get a commercial grade engine and commercial grade hydro drives in the Mini Z.

Pj

3. BanvilleLawnCare

BanvilleLawnCare LawnSite Member

What if I opt for the honda engine? I will be mowing less than 3 acres a week with this mower. If you truly believe I need the mini-Z, how much more would I be paying (could you please give msrp for the 36'' with the various engine options). Thanks.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The 16hp Honda will have a commercial 2 year warranty on the engine only, it is a commercial grade engine where the Kohler Courage is not.
    Mini Z 36 and 42 inch options are as follows.
    Pricing goes up November 1st, so this pricing is only good until then.
    Hustler Mini Z, 17HP Kawasaki KAI / 36" HMZ17KAW36A (928192) $5,499
    Hustler Mini Z, 19HP Kawasaki KAI / 42" HMZ19KAW42A (928200) $5,799
    These are full commercial units with full 2 year commercial warranties.

Pj