1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Fastrack

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by robertyb, Feb 13, 2004.

1. robertyb

robertyb LawnSite Member
    from ga

I am looking at several ZTRs for residental use only. I have 7.2 acres of which I cut about 3.5 with mower and rest with a bushhog. It is mostly on a hill with trees. Nothing extremely steep. I currently have a lawn service cutting for me but they do not like to do residental apparentlyas they only came about once every 4 to six weeks last season to cut. They use Grasshopper 325/61 midmounts when they cut. They have no problems with my hills. My question is: Will the Hustler Fasttrack in a 20 hp/52 in. cut handle the hills or should I invest in a full size Z mower? I can get a 2003 Hustler Z 23 Kaw/60 for $6800.00 plus tax or a Grasshopper midmount 220/52 for $5995.00 plus tax.

Please comment.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I would be looking into the Hustler Mini Z myself, if I was in your situation.
    The 19/52 Hustler Mini Z will handle the property your describing to me.
    You will also get a better seat, HD air filter system larger tires.
    Your statement of "It is mostly on a hill with trees" is what tells me that you need the Mini Z, the Mini will have separate pumps and wheel motors, this will allow for a cooler running system on hills, where the IZT's on the FasTrak will heat up a bit more.
    The Mini should be very price competitive in your market to any other mower.

Hope this helps

Pj