1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Fastrak Difference

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by flgtr95, Mar 26, 2007.

1. flgtr95

flgtr95 LawnSite Member

What's the difference between the 44/52" Fastrak and the 48/54" Fastrak other than the obvious deck size? Additionally, my local dealer says he cannot get the 48/54 until he sells his remainig inventory of 44/52"s. Is this Hustler's policy? Also, I have been considering the Mini-Z 19KAW/42". My 2-acre bermuda yard and surrounding area gets pretty dusty and I was thinking the heavy duty air filter might be better in the log run. I kind of want to make this my last mower purchase for a while (~10 years) if I'm going spend $$$. Thanks.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The drive system is different, the new units use ZT series axles with spin on oil filters.
    You have new gas tanks with sight gages and larger gas cap's, a rubber discharge chute, more engine options, taller thicker rear bumper, seat with a slide adjustment and a thicker frame.
    And of course 48 and 54 inch decks compared with a 44 or 52.
    Its not Hustler's policy, but I will say the 48 / 54 FasTraks are in very tight supply.
    The Mini Z 36 / 42 uses the same drive system and other than deck size is very similar to the 48 / 54 FasTrak's.
    You will get a better 4 year warranty on the FasTrak compared to the Mini Z carries a 2 year warranty.
    The air filtration system on the FasTrak is commercial, just not a cannister system.

Pj

3. rstadt

rstadt LawnSite Member

Is the drive system the same in the Fastrak 54 and the Mini Z 52?

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

No it is not.
    The FasTrak 54" uses Hydro Gear ZT series axles (2) they are integrated units.
    The Mini Z 52" uses Hydro Gear BDP-10 pumps (2) and White CE-12 wheel motors (2).