Fastraps on metal floor

944own

LawnSite Bronze Member
I recently bought a chevy w4500 (isuzu npr) with the open landscape bed with a metal floor. I have fastraps on my trailer with a wood floor. Has anyone put these on a metal floor and if so how did you do it. Drill holes and use bolts or weld them on. Pics if anyone has done it.

orangemower

LawnSite Silver Member
You don't want to weld them on. If you even need to remove them, you'll play hell. Just drill holes and bolt them down with nuts and bolts. No need to post a pic of a metal chuck bolted to a metal floor. Just mark, drill and bolt them down.

OP
944own

944own

LawnSite Bronze Member
That makes sense I really didnt want to drill 24 holes in the floor of my truck but I may do it. My trailer got hit last summer to the point that it totaled the car that hit me and my mower did not move wit the fastraps on it. I am a believer in them by experience.

orangemower

LawnSite Silver Member
Get a GOOD Colbalt drill bit. My first open trailer had those stupid hardened nails to hold the boards in place. They drive them through the metal framing of the trailer. After they started popping up, I decided to bolt them all down. I drilled like 80 holes through the boards into the frame. Ate up 2 good bits.