Lawn Care Forum banner
81 - 100 of 244 Posts
Discussion starter · #82 ·
:sleeping:Got the mowers put up for winter finally. Still have 4 clean ups left. People called after Thanksgiving, I will try to get them in but no promises. Chance of 1 to 2 inches of snow on Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. Its been a long season this year. Looking forward to a little down time.:sleeping:

great thread...my daughter means the world to me. This year i have lost both my parents.. got laid off from my job as a fire alarm tech.. i used to landscape years ago and decided to start my own business... i hope it works. i saw your thread, and its a great feeling knowing maybe my lil one can come to work with me... now that i dont have a boss.. except for my customers of course. family is great! i try to think positive everyday. bsafe.:usflag:

Discussion starter · #84 ·
great thread...my daughter means the world to me. This year i have lost both my parents.. got laid off from my job as a fire alarm tech.. i used to landscape years ago and decided to start my own business... i hope it works. i saw your thread, and its a great feeling knowing maybe my lil one can come to work with me... now that i dont have a boss.. except for my customers of course. family is great! i try to think positive everyday. bsafe.:usflag:
There is good money to be made in this field of work. Good Luck keep on posting

Discussion starter · #94 ·
Not a good week this week. My 7 yr old son has been in the hospital for 3 days with acute ashma. I had to spend two days and nights with him so I lost a lot of workable hours. So far I have only gotten 13 yards in. Looks like a long weekend ahead. Daughter has a softball tourney so I will have to work alone.

Neat thread. I have two girls as well 9 and 11. Let them play in our yard last year with push mowers, trimmer, and blowers but I wasn't thinking of them when I was purchasing the equipment. Most all of it is to big or heavy in my mind to safely allow them to operate for any period of time. Not enough debris to warrant having them come along for that. May have to buy some other equipment or wait till they're a little older.

Discussion starter · #98 ·
Neat thread. I have two girls as well 9 and 11. Let them play in our yard last year with push mowers, trimmer, and blowers but I wasn't thinking of them when I was purchasing the equipment. Most all of it is to big or heavy in my mind to safely allow them to operate for any period of time. Not enough debris to warrant having them come along for that. May have to buy some other equipment or wait till they're a little older.
You would propably be surprised at what your daughters are capable of. My daughter started at age 8. By 10 she was using a gravely 1540 ZTR. She is 13 now and is using a Scag turf tiger 52 inch and a Scag ssz 62 inch.

81 - 100 of 244 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.