1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

father's day mowing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MImowerkid, May 11, 2005.

1. MImowerkid

MImowerkid LawnSite Member

Last year my dad came up with a great idea. He thought that I could get maby 10 to 20 accounts for a 1 time mowing if I were to put out 500 to 1000 flyers advertising for a fathers's day m,owing for a set rate , in my area , say 25.00 At first you may say wait 20 per 500 or 1000 but I have in the past gotten a 5% hire rate on my flyers let alone a free estimate call. I am pretty well know in the neighborhoods I work in , and I would hope to get 1-4 weekely customers out of this. Has anyone ever tried this marketing approach? "Give Dad a Break , and let CJ's mow for you? :) :cool2: :cool2:
    -chris-

2. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I've thought about it and the only hang-up I can see is that by June, my schedule is always full. Frankly, if I did go into this, I would charge a lotta dinero. Why? 'Cause I would get it, that's why.

3. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I guess it would work if you have the time to bother with it.

4. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like a good idea i do a realay for life mowing and i give all the money i make to the relay. but out of the deal i picked up 5 accounts and i think i only mowed 25 lawns
    alex