1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

faux boulders

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by allinearth, Sep 24, 2006.

1. allinearth

allinearth LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone know where I can find info on building faux boulders? I am talking about the ones used to create waterfalls next to pools, etc. I think they are made of concrete. I would love to learn to do this. Also any info on pricing?

2. turfquip

turfquip LawnSite Senior Member

I too would like to learn more about constructing these things but for some reason, there seems to be a lot of secrecy surrounding the process. If it is proprietary then... OK, that explains that.

One company offers the training classes but it is expensive when it seems like a couple of how-to library books would do the trick.

Let me know if you come up with anything.

3. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

when I was a kid my next door neihbor made them with wire screen and plaster. He also made them for disney

4. hdtvluvr

hdtvluvr LawnSite Senior Member

5. Jamesgateslandscaping

Jamesgateslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

A course up here is coming up, but is expensive, I will be attending, should be informing:hammerhead:
    James

6. FATWEASEL

FATWEASEL LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I know this isn't exactly what you were looking for but this may give you some ideas.

http://www.rockformationsinc.com/ .....and their modular systems....
    http://www.ricorock.com/index.html

I had some other links at one time, showing some step by step building instructions and materials but I can't seem to find them now. I'll keep looking and try to post them.

Andy

7. allinearth

allinearth LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info. Bought a book on one website. Think I will experiment a little on small projects for myself to see if this is feasible for me. If anyone else has info do share, especially if you are doing this already.:walking: