Favorite fixture?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Landscape Illuminating, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Landscape Illuminating

Landscape Illuminating LawnSite Member
    from Maine

What are you using to uplight trees form inside the canopy? Just a typical bullet type light with tree mounting hardware? Favorite bulb to use? Mature oaks, maples for example.

-Chad

2. Landscape Illuminating

from Maine

Well, Chuck directed me to the Kichler 15384 BBR. I hadn't given much thought to the kichler line due to the harsh conditions here. This BBR line does look like a nice alternative though. Has anyone been using it? Paul, I know you use kichler by the truckload. Have you been using the BBR products, or do you find them pricey?

LI

3. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Kingsland, Texas

The BBR line is very good and I would use it in any conditions. As for pricing, it is right there with Cast. I do like it a little more because it is so small and compact. I would use it with the tree mounting bracket for your application.

4. Landscape Illuminating

from Maine

Thanks for the info Paul. Would you say the same for the BR products? This is just an unfinished BBR, correct? It seems like the BR can be had for a little less money, which makes it even more appealing. Can the cast bullet really be beat at the contractor price for a quality fixture? I've decided to use only brass and or copper products for obvious reasons, which does drive pricing up a bit.

LI

5. NightScenes

You are correct, the bbr is a bronze finished br fixture. I like the size of these fixtures. They are much easier to hide in the trees.

6. Landscape Illuminating

from Maine

What are people using for a stake mounted fixture to reach the tops of 100' canopies and the like without going into line voltage?

LI

7. NightScenes

I use the same bullet lights, with a 50w lamp to light 100'+ pecan trees all the time with no problem.