Fax Machines Obsolete?

DVS Hardscaper

LawnSite Fanatic
I think I may SEND one fax about every 2 months.

I think in the last 1 yr I've received maybe 5 faxes.

How bout you guys?

I'm thinking of doing away with the dedicated fax line and just using the main office line for sending. If anyone wants to send me a fax - then can use email.

Anyone else doing away with dedicated fax lines or doing away with fax machines?

crazymike

LawnSite Senior Member
We have a fax ring. It's like ~$4 a month and the fax machine only picks up that ring. And when we hear that ring, we don't answer. Providing you are keeping the main office line and not going cellular completely.

PROCUT1

LawnSite Platinum Member
Everyone has email nowadays. I do all of my work, bids, proposals, everything and send it by email. Anything a fax can do, can be done by email.

I got rid of my fax years ago and have never had a need for one since.

xtreem3d

LawnSite Senior Member
What's a fax machine? it's 2012 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lefet

LawnSite Bronze Member
No dedicated fax line, printer is fax capable. Probably used it once or twice. We have however faxed out more frequently, but it doesn't require a dedicated line.

Dr.NewEarth

LawnSite Bronze Member
If I recall right, the fax machine was invented around the mid to late 1800's in England. (1865)

I use mine to send invoices which saves a bit of money. Alot of places won't accept a pdf of an invoice. I have the fax on the business land line and turn it off when we're not using it so that we don't receive any junk faxes.

Last edited:

jsslawncare

LawnSite Bronze Member
All done by e-mails for about 4 yrs now.