Fayette Mowing work thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by JimsLocalLawn, Apr 24, 2014.

1. oabdu123

oabdu123 LawnSite Member

Anytime man. Also, think about getting a Tripod for your camera, there super cheap. Product knowledge and a down to earth personna go a long way on Youtube.

hort101 likes this.
  2. oabdu123

oabdu123 LawnSite Member

What's going on Sir. I'm looking at getting a two wheeled sulky for my 20 year+/ 36in/14hp belt drive Toro Proline. Mower is in excellent shape, bought it from a homeowner with low hours. I've narrowed it down to the Bradley TSN200N, and the Bradley TSN2006N. I was looking at specs on this mower, it only weighs around 300 lbs. The TSN2006N looks a little more robust, while the 2000N is a little lighter and possibly more maneuverable. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated. Also, would I need front wheel weights/

3. OP
    OP
    JimsLocalLawn

JimsLocalLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

The difference between them sulkies is the quick latch release / attach lever. It's spring loaded and you squeeze the lever to instantly attach or remove the sulky from the mower. Definitely worth the extra $$$ in my opinion. I could be wrong, you may want to email them and ask the difference.

4. sirjustis

sirjustis LawnSite Member

Love this thread and the overall look of the Bradley. I've been looking at them for a long time, and until recently, someone pointed out that they look just like the quickcat! Is there any relationship between the two manufacturers?! And how is your unit doing so far?!

5. OP
    OP
    JimsLocalLawn

No idea what their relationship is or if there even is one, but they are very similar machines. Zero issue's with the mower (average 20 yards per day) but we did have a bad coil on the engine.

Everybody will have different opinions. Some people will tell you only the Rolls Royce of mowers is what to buy. I'm far too practical to buy into them bells and whistles. Over the years I've put thousands of hours on these Bradley mowers and can count on one hand how many breakdowns between all the them.

hort101 likes this.
  6. sirjustis

Just ordered my Bradley stand on 52, with a vanguard 26hp motor I could t be happier.

7. sirjustis

Did you install a hour meter on your stand up?! Also, since you e had it. Are there any upgrades, blades or improvements you've made to your unit?!

For anyone who is interested, Al their customer service rep. Is amazing!!!

8. oabdu123

oabdu123 LawnSite Member

Hey, what's going on Jim. Can you tell me where/what brand those exact same hooks you have to hang up your trimmers on ? Looking to do that same setup on my shed rafters

9. OP
    OP
    JimsLocalLawn

I can't remember where I got them, but it was Walmart, Home Depot, or Lowes maybe. Either way they are large bicycle hangers that screw into the rafters. Just make sure to drill a pilot hole first!

hort101 likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    JimsLocalLawn

Yes, I measured the blades and buy from expressmowerparts . com

Great pricing, good quality blades. I bought 7 different set of blades for this mower. Hi Lift (rolled), Medium Lift (rolled) , Low Lift, Gator, Notched Super High lift (scag velocity blades), Notched Medium lift, and Wavy mulcher blades. BY FAR my favorite on the SC 52" Compact stander are the Notched medium lift blades. They tend to keep the deck clean in wet grass, seem to discharge better, and for some reason they were the only blade that cut clean in reverse... no idea why the other blades would leave a small windrow of clippings while mowing in reverse.

The Scag blades had the most lift and the furthest discharge, but in the wet grass would buildup pretty quick. The wavy mulchers produced the smallest clippings but seemed to miss some weeds when mowing full speed.

The rolled high lifts worked okay, but for some reason mowing in reverse was not ideal with them. This includes the blades that came stock with the mower.