Fayette Mowing work thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by JimsLocalLawn, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Fanatic

Great thread. I am thinking about buying the 36" Bradley. You had good luck with yours it sounds? Are the tires tubeless?

JLSLLC likes this.
  2. JimsLocalLawn

JimsLocalLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Yes and Yes. I wrote up a very in depth review on the machine but overall it's incredible value / quality for the price.

hort101 likes this.
  3. JimsLocalLawn

:waving: Hi guys! I'm doing a youtube video soon. This time discussing the best $200 trimmer offering between all brands. You can check out the review here https://www.lawnsite.com/threads/the-best-200-trimmer-in-2018.481875/ going to follow up with a youtube video soon.

Also just so you guys know, I really appreciate anybody who commented on my thread. My youtube video's are going to get better. Build a pretty nice Ryzen Editing PC and went out and bought a 1080p camera. Promise to put out better quality into these next video's!

oabdu123, Greencuts518 and hort101 like this.
  4. oabdu123

oabdu123 LawnSite Member

Looking forward to the evolution and journey regarding the future plans for the YouTube channel .If it has the content you put here on LawnSite I'm sure it will blow up.
    One way to get your channel more recognized is start commenting on other people's channels.

JimsLocalLawn likes this.
  5. South Hills Lawns

South Hills Lawns LawnSite Member

How are they Bradley mowers working for you?

I'm starting to go full-time next year and need 2 walk behinds. I'm looking to pull the trigger on the 24'' and the 32'' or the 36'' hydro.

6. JimsLocalLawn

Not sure they make a 24" model, unless your talking about the high wheel 21, and can say I'm not a fan because that self propelled system doesn't work well on hills.

The 32 I can't comment own - because I never owned it but the 36 is pretty nice. Definitely a simple "old school" style of mower but it's built well and doesn't cost much. Never had a Bradley that didn't cut well but what they really excel at is the ability to cut just about anything. Wet, tall, thick, whatever. Their walk behinds are amazing when conditions are poor. Their stander isn't as good as the walk behinds in poor conditions, but the quality of cut in normal conditions is phenomenal.

Hope this helps!

7. oabdu123

oabdu123 LawnSite Member

What's up man, hope you had a good 2018. Did you ever run a sulky on your Bradley 48 walk behind, and if so what is the speed difference on walk behind/ w a sulky vs stander?? Thinking about pulling the trigger on one, my only issue is the fixed deck. These Bradley mowers have been gaining a following on YouTube the last year. Any updates on your YouTube channel as well?

8. JimsLocalLawn

Yes I have a sulky for my 48, it's decent (in a pinch) but nowhere near the comfort / productivity of the Stander. Honestly they are close to the same top speed - the difference is I'm a lot safer / more comfortable on the stander at that speed than a sulky. Also the stander doesn't have a fixed deck, so you can swap your cutting height in seconds. The walk behind is definitely better in the overgrowth and hills, but the stander beats it in comfort / productivity. Was mowing 15 (Medium sized) lawns per day with 2 man crew with the walk behind and running 20 (Medium - Large) sized lawns per day with the Stander. Having said all that, if I had to pick just one and only one mower for my business it would be the walk behind. It's never too tall, too wet, or ground too soft to mow with it. No it won't cut as many yards... but starting out productivity isn't everything.

Now to discuss my youtube channel. I got a much better phone now capable of filming 1080p, a tripod, even a shotgun mic. However I have been so busy in the last few months that I haven't been able to keep up. It's too late in the year to hire someone and the weather hasn't helped much either. It's been so wet that I can't even use the stander and I'm down a man. I'm not even finished with the leaf cleanups for the year and winter is already showing up early here. To be honest youtube wasn't something I wanted to do. Bradley didn't ask that I even do a youtube review, it was and idea from this forum alone. I didn't expect anywhere near that much feedback / views and have great idea's for upcoming video's. I'm going to start comparing trimmers, push mowers, etc. But these video's come at great expense because I have to pay for each and every product tested. Not only that, but they take time that I don't have currently.

hort101 likes this.
  9. oabdu123

oabdu123 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply your input is always spot on. I'm sure when you get a chance the YouTube channel will gain immediate traction. looking at your posts your business seems to have really taken off in the last few years, I had some ups and downs in 2018 but taking all of the proper steps this offseason so 2019 will be the year I take off.

JimsLocalLawn likes this.