FB ads

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by WhitsGreenerPastures, Apr 15, 2018.

1. WhitsGreenerPastures

WhitsGreenerPastures LawnSite Member
    from NW Iowa

Anybody out there have any luck with FB ads? My wife is a social media/digital advert wiz, being FB, Pinterest, local sites. And she wanted me to ping you guys to see what kind of luck you have had.

We have never advertised for this business before. This is actually the 1st season that I have attempted to grow the business at all actually. 1st year getting the name/logo on the truck and apparel, running ads in local papers.

Anyway, what has worked for you guys?

2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

First, if you haven't, I'd take a look through the archives here. We've talked about Facebook Ads a fair amount.

Just took a look at your Page. Based on a quick look, you might be putting the cart before the horse. Since your wife is a social media wiz, I'd recommend collaborating with her on coming up with a strategic plan for your Page and how best to post (same with her helping you with photos). Doing so will certainly increase the likelihood of FB Ad success.

Re: what we see... FB is hit or miss and significantly trails Adwords. What works for one market and demographic does not necessarily work for another. There is no real apples to apples. For service businesses advertising on FB, this is especially true. There are a variety of reasons for this, which, when looking at the FB platform, aren't hard to figure out.

I'd get a FB promo credit and use FB's fantastically granular demographic settings and dial in for your target market as best you can. Use that campaign's results to help provide data for going forward. If it works, you can scale. If it doesn't, have your wife figure out why and course correct or reallocate your spend to other marketing efforts.

But, before doing anything, I'd have her get your Page/Posts in order.

I'd also get working on some form of web site. If you do much work (or want to) on the homes around Okoboji, Facebook-only is not the way to go. If we Google for a property maintenance company to handle our family lake house there, you won't be in the running until you can be found.

3. WhitsGreenerPastures

WhitsGreenerPastures LawnSite Member
    from NW Iowa

Thanks man. I forwarded the info to to markeying director (wife) and she thinks you are spot on and really appreciated the input. I know I need pics, lots of pics. My own fault for not taking them all of the previous seasons. As soon as it is down snowing here (ffs) and I have some good looking cuts I will get pics.

And the wife said that she will work more on the SEO/website end of it until we can make sexy up our FB page.