1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Feedback on Kubota L5740 Price Quote

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Foozle, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Foozle

Foozle LawnSite Member

Hi,

Was hoping to get feedback on the following quote. Just looking to see if this is in the ballpark. Thanks!

Kubota L5740 HSTC (4wd, Cab) 57 hp 50 pto hp: $28,100
    Front End Loader LA854, quick attach, heavy duty round back bucket, grill guard: 4,400
    Tiller (Woods, GT 60): 2,050
    Finishing Mower - 6' (Woods, PRD-7200): 2,395
    Rotary Mower - 7' (Woods, BB84): 2,500
    Tooth Bar (Woods, CETB650): 300
    Echo Bearcat Chipper/Shredder (SC5504B/73554): 3,600
    18' BetterBuilt trailer, 7 ton, electric brakes: 3,500
    Total 46,845

2. 1TN

1TN LawnSite Member

BUY BUY BUY. This side of the border that'll run you 60,000. That's when the 0% for 60 really helps :cool:.
    p.s. you'll love the tractor!

-Mike

3. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I think thats a very good price for the tractor.

4. Ray&Christine

Ray&Christine LawnSite Member

I just picked one up last fall but as 1TN said they cost a lot more north of the border.

5. Foozle

Foozle LawnSite Member

Appreciate the feedback. I got two other quotes from Online vendors in different states and they were both about $500 more for just the tractor, plus another $500 or so for shipping, so I'm going with the local guy.

Thanks

6. rashidoors

rashidoors LawnSite Member

I am trying to buy this same tractor but am having no luck with decent pricing. The pricing I got was double what you got. I'd like to get the information that you did but I live in Michigan not SC... Can you call me at my toll free office number so I can find out where you got this pricing from etc.... Thank you Mike Rashid, Rashid Doors 888-353-8881

7. lawn king

I would lean toward landpride on the mowers?

8. lamarbur

lamarbur LawnSite Member

just yesterday quoted a 5740 cab and loader,, Here in New England area they are all at 40-42 pretty much regardless what dealer you call.. I have two different people to buy my L48, both with the same numbers. The next one will be the 5740 however I looked at a cabbed D60 Case and with loader and third valve was considerably cheaper than Kubota... Makes me think now...

9. lawn king

Have you operated a grand L with hst + ? Auto throttle, auto hds, stall guard, its in a class all by itself!

10. lamarbur

lamarbur LawnSite Member

Lawnking, no. Obviously the L48 is also HST, but prior to the new models. I know guys with the new system who say the same as you.. My problem is buying,.. We're not talking a few hundred or even a few thousand dollars diiferent. We're talking many more thousands and this does raise a concern.