Feedback on turfco xt8

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Marine03112, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok I put a down payment in an xt8 which I can say turfco gave me a good price. Then a competitor which has an excellent machine also gave me a great sales pitch. So does anyone own an xt8 and what has been your experience with said machine. Anyone that has one your feedback is greatly appreciated.

2. Schutmanslawncare

Schutmanslawncare LawnSite Member

I'm in the same boat as you. Put a payment down on an xt8 I believe back in November hopefully my price is the same as yours. I'd be interested to see what else your looking at. I really like how the xt8 was designed with chains and plug depth. I've seen a Toro stand on from a local company that I used on a few yards and I can honestly say it pulled great plugs but after reading a lot of post on here it seemed like issues were very common with the Toro and exmark stand on but overall the Toro pulled excellent plugs

3. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Exmark with 400 hrs on it. Pulls great plugs but maintenance is a pain. A friend of mine has a XT8 that I have used. It is a nice machine and if I were to buy a new aerator that is what I would purchase.

Marine03112 likes this.
  4. Marine03112

Stinger approached me and said I can finance there machine over 4 years. But I think I am staying with the xt8. I have heard only good things about it and only one source of a bad review for the xt8. Still I am thinking about the stinger since there is no chains.

5. Marine03112

I really think toro also did a lot of things to iron out problems as the years have progressed.

6. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

Here was I have against the Stinger. First year production always turns up problems and I do not see any production units yet. Spring comes around and I want to aerate but they are delayed in production I would be pissed. It might be a great machine, I just don't want to be the guinea pig.

7. Marine03112

Yup my thinking exactly

Mr.LaVere likes this.
  8. Schutmanslawncare

Schutmanslawncare LawnSite Member

Sent stinger a message through Facebook and never heard a response so turfco xt8 for me and looking forward to getting it going this spring.

9. Marine03112

10. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

In most scenarios i would agree never buy the 1st year of a new machine, stinger being the exception! David cooks designs are revolutionary and the build quality of his equipment stands alone! I purchased his proto type hydro walk behind aerator 10 years ago, this machine does not even have a serial number! I'm still running long hours on this machine to this day, all i have ever done to it is replaced belts, 1 pulley and tines! I'm buying the quad aer this season, i recommend you do the same!

Mr.LaVere and hort101 like this.