Feedback on turfco xt8

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Marine03112, Jan 9, 2018.

1. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

That is quite an endorsement!

Puttinggreens likes this.
  2. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

You might be right but who came up with the Exmark areator before it was Exmark ?

3. Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone else have or have more feedback on the XT8?

4. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Here's my feedback on the XT8. It may not mean a whole lot to you though and I'll tell you why. We do some aerations, but not to the extent you cool season turf guys do. We do not do any seeding as far as our warm season turf goes. Our aerations are done in the Spring on older lawns, not in the Fall. They are geared toward relieving soil compaction, not lawn renovation/seeding. I am going into the 5th season with it and have done nothing other than change the oil and lightly lube the chains. It pulls decent (not always great, depending on soil moisture)plugs. It's not too difficult to maneuver around corners and while I'm not certain that it is much easier than a drum model, my thought is that it probably is. We do 50-60 per year with it that are anywhere from 3-12K in size. We have a tow behind we pull behind one of our Z-sprays for larger properties and wide open areas. It's been a good little machine.
    All that said, I've watched a couple of YouTube videos featuring a Stinger model that is similar. I noticed they were using a sulky (a sulky cannot be attached to the XT8). Was pretty slick...
    My take on things

5. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

Ted, the XT8 is the Turfco ride-on. Do you have the XT5 which is the walk behind?

CHARLES CUE likes this.
  6. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Yes...Duh!
    Old age...creeping in
    lol. Disregard everything I posted. Sorry about that

sjessen likes this.
  7. Marine03112

No Ted your post did tell me that turfco builds a solid product and they care for the quality of there product. I wish they went away from belts with there applicator. If exmark can make a machine that’s 550 pounds and is all hydro there’s no way that turfco can’t. I really think sooner or later most customers will expect hydros. Belt drives just aren’t reliable enough. That’s one of the reasons why I am selling the t3100. Capacity is the major reason though. I think the xt8 will do just fine for me because I don’t do a ton of aerations.

8. Marine03112

Going with a zmax as I am getting quite a few large properties.

9. Schutmanslawncare

Schutmanslawncare LawnSite Member

What's a zmax?

10. Marine03112