Lawn Care Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if this is a web for professionals there should be some kind of requirments to be a member,ex a business license # verification proof of a corp or something. You do it for the chemical section there should be a section where only legit business can discuss it seems like there are a lot of kids,part timmers and others who have not payeed their dues in this indusrty. if you cant make a whole section how about a special icon like the lic chemical appalicators???

·
Banned
32 Posts
I think thats a great idea.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
GREAT IDEA. Set up a PRO ONLY area. Have Lawnsite Pro members. I know Florida has an online corporate lookup system. I could give Lawnsite my corp. info and then they could upgrade me to a Lawnsite Pro member. Heck, I'd even be ok paying like $4.99 a year for Pro membership. I hate weeding the good info out of threads crowded by kids, part timers, and scrubs.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
If this is a web for professionals (comma should be here) there should be some kind of requirments to be a member,ex a business license # verification proof of a corp or something. You do it for the chemical section (comma should be here) there should be a section where only legit business can discuss it(period here) Seems like there are a lot of kids,part timmers and others who have not payeed their dues in this indusrty. If you can't make a whole section how about a special icon like the lic chemical appalicators???

Red = misspelled words

Why not have a spelling and grammar test while you're at it?
:clapping::clapping::clapping:

You took the words right out of my mouth, lil'dale!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes my spelling sucks and so does my grammar, but that is one reason i have an office manager to do all of my paper work. I have over 20 years in landscaping have a full chemical applicator license carry fully insurance and workers comp have my DOT#. I worked w/ my father and took over a part of his business and was solo now I have 12 field workers and one office worker and I don't have to be around here for my business to run. Now i am not the biggest nor the best but i feel that i have a lot of experience and get upset talking w/ kids, or people w/o a legal lco. I just figured that there should be a section like they have for chemicals for legal lco to have real business questions and offer help to others lco not the fly by night companies. So any other digs i can take because i know enough to know that i don't know crap and still have a lot to learn thats one reason why i am here. My wife says it is my space for landscapers and i am starting to agree with her

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I am only 18 and no I am not insured and all that good stuff but if you look at my post I only have a little over 200 over 2 years. I only comment when I actually know something and i dont bash other people. I did one time on here and realized I was out of line and I sent him a PM apologizing and he accpeted it. I tell you this for the simple fact that there are other kids my age on here that have been a member for 2 years but they have over 2,000 post. I understand where you are coming from but the stuff i do learn on here doesnt come from kids cuz most of the time WE DON'T KNOW WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!!! You guys do!!! So I try and learn from you but if you have a special section how will I learn anything? I like your idea and I respect it but i want to learn too.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well why should an illegal lco learn and tips from people who pay all their dues, its not personal but at the same time it is not fair when an illegal lco can do jobs cheaper than legal lcos. How are you suspose to learn pratice work for another lco get certified get legal than ask, i will always help anybody i know any way possible but its getting tougher to do so when their are so many illegal lcos running this field into the ground. This is not personal to anybody but just a thought

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
i have an office manager to do all of my paper work. I have over 20 years in landscaping have a full chemical applicator license carry fully insurance and workers comp have my DOT#. I worked w/ my father and took over a part of his business and was solo now I have 12 field workers and one office worker and I don't have to be around here for my business to run. Now i am not the biggest nor the best but i feel that i have a lot of experience and get upset talking w/ kids, or people w/o a legal lco.
Pony Boy, I don't intend to sound harsh but I think you need to put your ego aside. The solution is simple join a forum that requires a valid applicators and business license and verification of. Then you will be at home. It is apparent you can't filter and ignore the fly by nights postings. Why would those questions upset you so? and what the heck is W/O A Legal LCO supposed to mean? Could you mean (A unlicensed LCO?)

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
yes my spelling sucks and so does my grammar, but that is one reason i have an office manager to do all of my paper work.
Maybe you should have your office manager do your blogging for you, too!

Why don't you just keep working the 'buddy' and 'ignore' buttons, ponyboy?
Or... are you saying that the majority of the current populace of lawnsite is not worthy of your cyberspace?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
there is no ego, i already said i always help others and that i still need to learn more but it gets too be a PITA when looking when people bash pictures of others work and have comments like you don't know what you are doing etc.. only to relaize that some of these people making the comments dont fully understand what they are talking about not certified or what ever some just are kids. there is a symbol that shows you are certified in chemicals and to get it you have to prove it so why not then prove you are legit and get a different symbol next to your name?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
okay last time i am nobody special sorry if it comes across wrong like i said there are plenty here who are quailfied pros, and its good to know but there are also some kids and illegal lco who get defensive when lowballing come up and can't understand that that is not the only way to get customers, or see a pic of some ones work and bash it and they have no grounds for it. I have read a lot of threads here and most are great nut some turn into he said /she said bs don't you want an easy way to see who is saying what. maybee unfer your name it should have your info, yera sin bus,certifications, etc.. ? Or may bee i should just shut my mouth?

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
okay last time i am nobody special sorry if it comes across wrong like i said there are plenty here who are quailfied pros, and its good to know but there are also some kids and illegal lco who get defensive when lowballing come up and can't understand that that is not the only way to get customers, or see a pic of some ones work and bash it and they have no grounds for it. I have read a lot of threads here and most are great nut some turn into he said /she said bs don't you want an easy way to see who is saying what. maybee unfer your name it should have your info, yera sin bus,certifications, etc.. ? Or may bee i should just shut my mouth?
No.... you don't need to shut your mouth, just try to, or be willing to filter out the ton of BS on lawnsite. Oh and you mention pictures I don't know anything about that but it is just common sense you do not post pictures on a open forum if you have a thin skin. you claim to have allot of experience with experience comes a thicker skin these things should not bother you. spend more time reading you will find the ones to listen to and the ones to avoid or ingnore.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Or may bee i should just shut my mouth?
This is America, ponyboy. :usflag:

Putting up with incompetence, stupidity, and even apathy...at times...even when it comes to voting in national elections...must be tolerated to uphold our 1st amendment rights.
Another inconvenience we have to deal with...to uphold our freedoms.

But it could be much, much worse!

You could be blogging from somewhere in red China...just to have some geek in some big grey glass building somewhere screen through every word you type.....taking out whatever he/she WANTS to!
And, of course, your blogged messages would NEVER reach outside commie chinese territory, anyway.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Ponyboy, I do not go lowballing the legitiment lawn care companies in my area. I pick up more yards by word of mouth not by going and stealing accounts. I don't think you understand that I have only the uptmost respect for you guys. One day I hope I have all the legal things I need and the years of experience that you do.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.