1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Fence in the plans for permit?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by xtreem3d, Sep 15, 2013.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

It being Sunday I can't call anyone and can't locate info on MO website. In general, do you include a drawing of a fence on top of your wall if it is high enough to warrant a fence. In other words can the plans and permit be rejected if a fence isn't drawn in ? I don't exactly know what type fence at this point and am not sure I need to include it just to get the wall built. I realize it's possible to get sited if a fence is never installed but do I need it drawn in now?
    Thanks,
    Steve

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

I dunno. no fence = no final inspection. no final inspection = no more permits issued for that property as long as there is a permit still open.

3. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

do you draw in the fence on your plans when you know it requires a fence?

the thing is i can draw the fence but then if i change the fence type ( because we dont know what we will be using) i will have to re submitt a set of plans when the inspector see's a different fence

4. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think I've ever drawn in the barrier fence. Most of the time the field inspector just wants to see something that'll stand up to throwing a hip into it. But that's Virginia, your locale may differ. In DC you'd probably have to get a DNA sample from the guy building the barrier fence.

5. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Never caded a fence but have listed the specifications of more than one on a design before.
    Posted via Mobile Device