• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Ferris 3000ZX Extreme Price

marrt

LawnSite Member
Got a quote of $8600 on a Ferris 3000ZX Extreme. Is this a good price? Seems a bit high to me but I'm not that familiar with Ferris pricing. I do really like the mower though.

OP
M

marrt

LawnSite Member
Dealer said the "New" MSRP on the extreme was over $10K. Don't know myself and can't find the info on the web.

OP
M

marrt

LawnSite Member
Here are some specs on the 3000 Extreme:

- 27-hp Kohler
- 4-wheel IS® Independent Suspension
- 61" 10-guage deck with double top deck, double reinforced side skirts with lap-welded corners and baffle supports
- Twin A-section hydro drive belts
- Adjustable steering levers
- Foot-operated height-of-cut adjustment
- Two adjustable, multi-positioned, 360° anti-scalp rollers
- Two-year commercial warranty on parts and labor

This mower would be for my personal use on 3.2 acres. The ground is very rough. I know most here like Exmark (I do to), but lets face it...I'm fat and want a smooth ride. I mow part of this with a tractor now and have to go slow because the ground is rough. Don't get me wrong, its not so rouch that a Z would have trouble. It's just too rough to go fast.

G-father

LawnSite Member
I would say that mower might be an overkill for that size of property.

But if you want to get done with the yard really fast it should make a great machine for you. I would say a 15 percent discount is very good this time of the year.