1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ferris 3000ZX Extreme Price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by marrt, Apr 20, 2004.

1. marrt

marrt LawnSite Member

Got a quote of $8600 on a Ferris 3000ZX Extreme. Is this a good price? Seems a bit high to me but I'm not that familiar with Ferris pricing. I do really like the mower though.

2. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

Give some other ferris dealers a call. MSRP is$9999. Sounds like a fair price to me.

3. marrt

marrt LawnSite Member

Dealer said the "New" MSRP on the extreme was over $10K. Don't know myself and can't find the info on the web.

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

my buddy bought a ferriz 3000 for right around $8500. sounds like its in-line with yours

5. GaryR

GaryR LawnSite Member

Be thankfull ferris 3000zx with fast vac system sells for about $22000 in Australia & mowing rates are similar in our dollar to yours.

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

What deck / engine is on the 3000??? That would make some difference too.

7. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

Should be like your 4000 --27/61

8. marrt

marrt LawnSite Member

Here are some specs on the 3000 Extreme:

- 27-hp Kohler
    - 4-wheel IS® Independent Suspension
    - 61" 10-guage deck with double top deck, double reinforced side skirts with lap-welded corners and baffle supports
    - Twin A-section hydro drive belts
    - Adjustable steering levers
    - Foot-operated height-of-cut adjustment
    - Two adjustable, multi-positioned, 360° anti-scalp rollers
    - Two-year commercial warranty on parts and labor

This mower would be for my personal use on 3.2 acres. The ground is very rough. I know most here like Exmark (I do to), but lets face it...I'm fat and want a smooth ride. I mow part of this with a tractor now and have to go slow because the ground is rough. Don't get me wrong, its not so rouch that a Z would have trouble. It's just too rough to go fast.

9. G-father

G-father LawnSite Member

I would say that mower might be an overkill for that size of property.

But if you want to get done with the yard really fast it should make a great machine for you. I would say a 15 percent discount is very good this time of the year.