• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

ferris 3100 or 2000?

ashgrove landscaping

LawnSite Gold Member
Just looking for some opinions. It seems like the 3100 is bulky to me but heavy duty and will take the abuse. Will the 2000 take the abuse with out breaking down? The specs seem pretty comparable. I have properties of all sizes and terrain so I need the durability and the 30 hp with a 61" deck. The 2000 has the parker wheel motors which is a big plus but I ve heard of the tires wearing out very quickly and the wheels being an odd ball size, 22x11x10, which would make getting tires more difficult and probably more expensive. And the price difference is roughly 2 grand between them. The 3100 being more of course. The mid size of the 2000 is more appealing but I question the long lasting durability. I now have the 04 3000z which is indescructable and love the size, which resembles the 2000. I dont know. What do you guys think?

puppypaws

LawnSite Fanatic
Just looking for some opinions. It seems like the 3100 is bulky to me but heavy duty and will take the abuse. Will the 2000 take the abuse with out breaking down? The specs seem pretty comparable. I have properties of all sizes and terrain so I need the durability and the 30 hp with a 61" deck. The 2000 has the parker wheel motors which is a big plus but I ve heard of the tires wearing out very quickly and the wheels being an odd ball size, 22x11x10, which would make getting tires more difficult and probably more expensive. And the price difference is roughly 2 grand between them. The 3100 being more of course. The mid size of the 2000 is more appealing but I question the long lasting durability. I now have the 04 3000z which is indescructable and love the size, which resembles the 2000. I dont know. What do you guys think?
The 3100 is much more mower than the 2000, not really any comparison between the two, if you want a toy get a 2000, if you want a commercial mower buy the 3100.

OP
ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping

LawnSite Gold Member
Yea you re right . I just test drove the 2010 3100 and 2000. The 3100 is incredibly quick and smooth. The new deck design looks real slick. Can t wait wait to see how it cuts. Hard to believe the difference between the two models. Although the 2000 was just as quick and smooth but not as heavy duty which is what i need.

puppypaws

LawnSite Fanatic
Yea you re right . I just test drove the 2010 3100 and 2000. The 3100 is incredibly quick and smooth. The new deck design looks real slick. Can t wait wait to see how it cuts. Hard to believe the difference between the two models. Although the 2000 was just as quick and smooth but not as heavy duty which is what i need.
The 2000 is a 10 mph machine and the 3100 is at 12 mph; this increased speed adjustment must be made by the dealer. The reason you thought the 2000 was as fast was because it had not been adjusted. Why they do this is beyond me, I've asked the factory this question and the answer made no sense at all. I told the factory when they advertise a 12 mph mower that is what should leave their manufacturing facility. There are too many dealers that never make the adjustment.

"Rocketman" post on this site, I told him about this and his dealer did not know what he was talking about, so he adjusted it himself and picked up the extra speed.