1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ferris 32 Hydro...have you seen one yet?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, Dec 21, 2002.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Some time ago I posted one here mentioning the new Ferris 32 Hydro. Neither dealer in my area has one yet ....but I like the idea of that design so was wondering if any of you have yet seen one at a dealer and what your impressions were?? thanks....

2. Heller Landscaping

Heller Landscaping LawnSite Member

I stoped in at my dealer and he did not have it in yet but would be soon. I ask him how long it was and he found out that it was about eight feet long. To big for my enclosed trailer. Although it seemed to be a great machine.:)

3. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

bummer....I too am afraid it will be too long becuase of how they have to offset the blades

4. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

Is that machine a single drive hydro or a dual drive?

5. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah, i've seen it. my dealer has one, from what i saw...

castors were flimsy. dealer says it is because its a light machine, but still. handlebars also look flimsy-perhaps that won't matter.

deck cover not really a cover at all. expect grass to get into the belt area...this already happens quite bad on a 36" ferris (although i have had no prob due to that)

long machine-i believe longer than the 36", and almost as wide- specs are on the web site. whats the point?

does have decent power and web site says 5.5 in reverse, a lot of speed to back up.

now i couldn't drive this machine, but i asked about the steering. no hand brakes...if you are familiar with the SD 36" you steer with the brakes. this model i'm told you just "maneouver" the machine. sound like a pain, if anyone has tried it maybe they can confirm or deny. to me this steering system is the biggest concern.