Ferris 3200 Recommendations

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by brian tolbert, Oct 12, 2019.

1. brian tolbert

brian tolbert LawnSite Member

Hello,
    I am a home owner that mows 2 1/2 acres with part of it being a vineyard and a decent incline.
    I am looking at the 3200 with the 37 h.p. that offers suspension on the seat.
    Does anyone have experience with this mower on hills?
    I want to keep this thing for years to come.
    Thanks for any input

2. Mumblingboutmowers

Mumblingboutmowers LawnSite Senior Member

I have no experience with that machine, but it sounds like a lot of machine for what you need. When it comes to mowing hills and inclines, tires are just as important as what they are on. I had a lot of issues with sliding with regular turf tires. The user on here "Ridin Green" recommended Carlisle AT 101 tires for hills. I got them and they made a world of difference. The sizes they sell are limited though, not sure if they have any to fit the model you mentioned, you would have to look.

Cam15 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    brian tolbert

brian tolbert LawnSite Member

Tires are an option.
    I realize that the 3200 is more than I need being a commercial mower. My thoughts are that it will basically last me 20-30 years.
    I currently mow with a 60 inch mowing deck that I pull behind an ATV 4x4 for the incline. It does not have suspension so it takes a pretty good beating and I need to replace it every 7-8 years.
    It's time now so I was looking at the zero turn option.
    Thanks for the reply

4. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Silver Member

20 to 30yrs would be pushing it for any mower, that is a top of the line mower but I really doubt you would 30 yrs out of it maybe 20.

sjessen and Mumblingboutmowers like this.
  5. Dawson

Dawson LawnSite Bronze Member

Sadly the at101s aren't available in the 26 inch size that mower uses. But on the plus side the extra contact area you get on the stock 26 inch tire does improve traction noticably over the 24 inch turfmasters on most machines.
    I haven't found a good alternative to the at101 in a 26\12-12 size yet. The 26 inch barred tires I've found all look way to aggressive for turf use, more like small tractor tires with squared off sides. But for mowing fields they might be fine.

Mumblingboutmowers and Cam15 like this.