Ferris 3200z question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bungiex88, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Bungiex88

Bungiex88 LawnSite Member

i bought a new Ferris 3200 with a 37hp vanguard. It seems like I lost a little ground speed and power after the first mow. This is my first zero turn mower and it either 2 things 1 I just got use to the speed of mowing or 2 some electronic or mechanical. I only notice the ground speed slower when mowing up hill and it can only be a small grade. It has a 61 inch deck. I just figured with a efi 37hp engine it would be more consistent with ground speed while mowing

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

You're letting the big engine rating mess with your mind or maybe the brakes are dragging. Is the deck clean underneath or did you plow through a lot of tall and/or wet grass due to the big engine and now have some serious buildup? If it's new, let the dealer sort it out as they should.

Remember- a big engine doesn't mean it can perform miracles. It is still a heavy machine to motivate around and it sounds like you are trying to go balls to the wall from reading your OP, so try to slow down a little and let the deck work.

3. OP
    OP
    Bungiex88

No I take care of it. I clean the top of deck every mow and pressure wash the under side once a month. I run good premium pump gas or non ethanol when I’m around it. I run ethanol treatment every time I fill up with ethanol gas. It could be just me getting used to the speed

4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Probably.

5. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Silver Member

I believe that's a 12mph mower. Use a GPS and see what it does.

6. OP
    OP
    Bungiex88

Well most mowers advertise it as ground speed and not mow speed. Most machines that say whatever mph ground speed is with the deck turned off you soak up a lot of hp with the deck on

7. Mumblingboutmowers

Mumblingboutmowers LawnSite Senior Member

You could just be getting used to it, but I would check it over good to see if you can find any issues. Hydro fluid, parking brake, oil, etc.

8. milkie62

milkie62 LawnSite Senior Member

That 37 HP should not slow down. I have a 3100Z with the 32 HP---100cc smaller engine and I go up a fairly decent incline with the bagger spinning. Now the 1st one I had with a 26HP kawi would stall out. Totally gutless. Ferris replaced it with the Briggs.

9. adkinslawncareobetz

adkinslawncareobetz LawnSite Member

Take it to your dealer. They will check it and have you an answer.