Lawn Care Forum banner

Ferris And Encore

4K views 49 replies 19 participants last post by  Travis Followell 
#1 ·
Dont hear too much on these two.. im considering buying around a 52" rider... any tetimonys for these two?? what are their quality of cut? do they seem to run into problems? would you purchase either and if so which one??

#7 ·
rodfather said:
You're right, who is Encore?

Anyway, we've had like 20 or so Ferris machines over the past 11 years or so...very reliable units. No complaints.
Encore is the company that came out of Exmark. He was a co-founder of exmark. There was a thread about the similarities and differences between the two. Here is the story from the Encore site. http://www.encoreequipment.com/pages/pages03/about.html

#10 ·
To answer your question I think both are pretty good mowers. The Ferris has suspension and that would really be a big help on rougher ground and would also allow you to mow faster in some places. I find it strange that the guy that owns Encore co founded Exmark and here Exmark is the #1 selling brand of mowing equipment and Encore is unheard of by a lot of people and i rarely see or hear about an Encore. I don't understand that.

#14 ·
I have owned encore walks for years! I also have owned a ferris IS rider. In this area Encore outnumbers ferris probably about 10 to 1. If everything was equal with the dealer service I would buy an encore over the ferris. But that is just what I would do based on past experience. I will say this about both companies they both seem to be on the move and are improving there machines!

#16 ·
WREBELMACHINE said:
I have owned encore walks for years! I also have owned a ferris IS rider. In this area Encore outnumbers ferris probably about 10 to 1. If everything was equal with the dealer service I would buy an encore over the ferris. But that is just what I would do based on past experience. I will say this about both companies they both seem to be on the move and are improving there machines!
10 to 1? WTF is Encore btw...do they exist east of the Mississippi? Ferris has a HUGE line of commercial mowers in WB's and Z's all through the US. I wouldn't know a Encore mower if I fell over one.

#19 ·
rodfather said:
Thanks Travis...they are basically home owner stuff. WB's only go up to 48" and Z's 60"...kind of what I figured.
No they are not homeowner stuff. They used to have 52s and 60s for WBs and they decided to go towards a more larger commercial base by beefing up there Z turns and selling more of them.

The WBs are commercial grade and VERY easy to work on compared to an exmark or bunton.

Just to let you know how well they are made I have a 36 inch WB that is 11 years old! Original motor, not a crack anywhere on the deck or in the metal. They are well made pieces of equipment that sell very well in the midwest.

#20 ·
COLLINSVILLE said:
What size did you order. Have you seen one yet?
I'll be getting the 48" Ferris 21HP Kawasaki V-Twin IS1500 ZTR. Delivery is expected in approx 4 - 6 weeks. My choice was made by 1. local dealer's reputation 2. Ferris's reputation 3. Suspension system. 4. Tech specs. One downside to this Ferris model that I foresee is its small 6 gallon gas tank.

#26 ·
Rodfather, I generally agree with many of your statements on the forum, but you are way off base on this one. The owner of Encore did co-found Exmark, their factories are across the street from one another in Beatrice, NE. The Exmark R&D people even told me that with so many mower manufactors in a town of 15000 they often share some of the common parts when someone runs short. There are more commercial mower companies in Beatrice then any place in the world. Yes, Encore builds a couple homeowner models, all the rest of their product line is strickly commercial. Do some more research, look at their articulating mid mount ztr. I personally use Exmark,DC and walker but I am impressed with some of the things Encore is doing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.