Ferris FW25 FW35 52"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by CowboysLawnCareDelaware, Jan 19, 2018.

1. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

Hi guys, I'm looking at adding a mid-sized walk behind this season and Ferris caught my attention. Sadly, I'm not seeing too-many detailed reviews. I was originally going out to look for a 52" in either model. Ferris isn't too big around here, just the usuals so it is sold at a smaller dealer and they only have a small amount of mowers in stock. I was lucky enough to see that they had a FW25 48" Demo in stock and I am leaning towards purchasing that. I would rather have the easy lift deck option of the FW35, but I do prefer the lighter frame of the FW25. Has anyone put some time behind one of these mowers and have any input?

2. ltdlawn

ltdlawn LawnSite Silver Member

3. matt-max

matt-max LawnSite Member

we've run exclusively Ferris walk behinds since 1992 & have a few FW35's now. they are the best walk behind i've ever used on hills, cut very well even in wet/heavy grass, are easy to learn & hold up under commercial use. i'm sure the FW25 is a good machine but the bigger frame mowers are more productive. if you'll be using it daily i'd spend the extra $ for the heavier duty model

hort101 likes this.