Ferris fw35 issue

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ferris137, Jun 12, 2018.

1. ferris137

ferris137 LawnSite Member

Hey guys, so my Fw35 seemed like it started cutting lower than usual, like something broke. but i never could see anything broke. Now, were the front of the deck mounts to the frame, it seems like somethings not right, like the bushings are bad, they are not sitting close to the frame. Has anyone had to deal with this issue? mower has 135 hrs 3F7AA85A-1DF6-4C3A-AA9F-D0061E0BE4A0.jpeg

2. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you lift the bushing in the frame does it wiggle around?

Mine look similar to that I believe. They are not sealed and the grease will release when pumped into the zirk.

3. ferris137

dosnt wiggle really, it will move back and forth with a good amount of force but i guess its supposed to be able to move

4. Hawkshot99

You say it "seems" like its cutting lower. Have you actually checked?

ltdlawn likes this.
  5. ferris137

Well i never really checked when i got the mower so i dont know. I do know that it used to cut good on 3.5 or 4, now 3.5 will send rocks flying. Im not sure if ferris’s numbers on the adjuster are supposed to be acurrate to inches or not but mine is not

6. Hawkshot99

Don't take the gauge as gospel. I have not measured my deck to compare to the gauge as I don't have a perfectly flat surface, but I do know it cuts shorter than those #'s.

hort101 likes this.
  7. ferris137

if mines on 4 the blades measure 3

8. ferris137

but i did not measure it when i first bought the mower

9. ltdlawn

ltdlawn LawnSite Silver Member

Possible put blade spacers on wrong? Blades upside down?

10. ferris137

Blades are on the way they should be, theres just a washer/spacer that doesn’t look any different either way you turn it. I can deal with the height adjustment because the cut quality is amazing, my main concern is i dont want those bushings to be bad and the front of the deck smack the ground