• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Ferris Hydrocut

TXLAWNBOY

LawnSite Member
I was looking for feedback on the Ferris Hydrocut 36" from anyone who has bought one or demoed. Keep in mind I mainly am interested in this unit to use as a residential unit on my 1/3 to 1/2 acre lots in town. How well do they mulch, quality of cut, ease of use, etc.

Thanks for your imput.

Joshua

Drew Gemma

LawnSite Bronze Member
mulch is better than most cause their are only 2 blades less blades less air gaps. cut is awesome the machine is awesome. Everything on it is gold. Only 2 things I hated which caused me to say screw it. 1 the saftey switches on the grips cheap plastic. 2 hydro unit I can't work that thing worth a crap becasue you have to use leverage.

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
The mower works great on flat land but it is awful on any kind of hill. It takes a lot of effort on a hill to keep it going straight. The front end of the mower is extremely light and pops right up when trying to go up a hill. You also cannot use any kind of suky behind it since there is no way to steer the mower. On the plus side it will leave a better cut than the Exmark Metro that I used to have. It also has a great height adjustment system, the best I've ever seen by far.