• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

ferris IS 1000 Z

clipslawnservice

LawnSite Member
I am thinking about buying a new Z and can't decide on the Scag
Tiger Cub 52" or the New Ferris IS 1000 Z< the Ferris has a 23hp.
Kaw. & the scag has a 20hp. Honda?

KERRTURF

LawnSite Member
I have never owned a Scag, but I do own a IS100Z. When I looked at purchasing a ZTR, the Ferris seemed to have more features, and the Kawasaki engine that I wanted. It has been a great machine. I don't think you can get the Kawasaki on the 2004 models though.

mowerman52

LawnSite Member
Get the Ferris. Ferris mowers are the best in the industry and they are built like a tank. Also my experience with Honda engines is not that good. I only used a 13 hp on a 48" mower but the darn thing kept breaking down. Kawasaki engines have a good reputation.

KERRTURF

LawnSite Member
Another thing to consider, and I don't want to start a flame or offend anybody, is dealer support. The dealer where I bought my Ferris has a policy that if the machine can not be fixed right away they will give you a loaner model to keep you up and running until your machine is repaired.
I don't know if other manufacterers provide this support, but this was one of the things that led me to the Ferris.

mowerman52

LawnSite Member
If it is a IS 1000 Z then it is the lower model of the independent suspension line of their mowers right? Those look like they would be a nice ride.

Listen to KERRTURF, get any of your equipment from a supportive dealer. You will be very greatful you did when something breaks down.

good luck.