Ferris IS2100Z deck height

Siringo

LawnSite Member
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2019 Ferris IS2100z with 61" ICD deck. I think this is a fantastic machine. I bought it to cut our pastures. We have 5 pastures of ~ 5 acres each that we rotate our horses on. The max cut height on the Ferris is 5 inches. I would like to get a couple more inches higher. Does anyone know of an after market kit or any way to modify this model to accomplish this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Crazy 4 grass

LawnSite Fanatic
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2019 Ferris IS2100z with 61" ICD deck. I think this is a fantastic machine. I bought it to cut our pastures. We have 5 pastures of ~ 5 acres each that we rotate our horses on. The max cut height on the Ferris is 5 inches. I would like to get a couple more inches higher. Does anyone know of an after market kit or any way to modify this model to accomplish this?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Have you tried raising the entire deck higher? The numbers on the pins won't read right but thats ok. Id set it exactly one inch higher and go from there. Essentially when you are reading 4 inches on rge pin you'd actually be at 5 inches

OP
S

Siringo

LawnSite Member
Have you tried raising the entire deck higher? The numbers on the pins won't read right but thats ok. Id set it exactly one inch higher and go from there. Essentially when you are reading 4 inches on rge pin you'd actually be at 5 inches
Actually, no I have not. I made the assumption (probably a poor one) that the indicated height was correct and could not go any higher than the adjustment pin would go. Can you give a brief description of what would need to be done to raise it higher?

Crazy 4 grass

LawnSite Fanatic
Actually, no I have not. I made the assumption (probably a poor one) that the indicated height was correct and could not go any higher than the adjustment pin would go. Can you give a brief description of what would need to be done to raise it higher?

Your deck is hanging by four chains. They all can be adjusted up and down via bolts.

Look at is closely. Let me know if you have any other questions after you look at it.

OP
S

Siringo

LawnSite Member
You were right on target! And I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I missed this very obvious adjustment. There's an adjustment slot on each end of the supporting chains. Mine has ~ 1-1/2 inches of room left to lift.

Thank you for pointing out the obvious!

Crazy 4 grass

LawnSite Fanatic
Glad it worked out. Those slots are macro adjustment if you will. There are two vertical bolts on the top if the front chains for micro adjustment.

Remember you want the blades even side to side and 1/4 inch lower in the front than the back.

Top Forums