1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Ferris is3200 cut issues

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by EvenGrow, Jul 4, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    EvenGrow

EvenGrow LawnSite Member
    from PA

I've tried both. Super high lifts made the streak worse actually. I think the deck has too much lift because of how tight the baffles are against the blades

2. Grassfire205

Grassfire205 LawnSite Senior Member

If you think its got to much lift then use low lift blades. Mine cuts fine from 2 inch up to 4.5 in all different grass types.

3. OP
    OP
    EvenGrow

EvenGrow LawnSite Member
    from PA

Its had about every type of blade on it under the sun lol, doesn't matter which ones are on it. Not going full speed or anything, cutting at about 6-8mph and it still cuts terrible. Just gonna take a loss on it and get a turf tiger 2

4. ktoom

ktoom LawnSite Member

Its a shame your having these issues. I have the same Ferris and its been great. Im in NY so we must be cutting similar grasses. I found that my ferris performs well with the oregon 91-628 super high lifts. They keep the grass moving out of the deck so there is no build up on the left side of the deck, it shoots grass 2 passes out and performs great on all types of grass. The only down side to these blades are that it robs power and drinks more fuel. There blades arent supposed to fit this deck, BUT they do!!!

Ive also tried oem scag blades, g3 scag blades 91-638, oem ferris blades and gator blades.

Im sure you have already checked the deck belt tension? You should have the double deck belt setup... i have the older single belt setup.

EvenGrow likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    EvenGrow

EvenGrow LawnSite Member
    from PA

I have the new belt system, its a 2017 model leftover tho. Its funny because more people say the super high lifts work the best but the cut has gotten worse with them on it. Discharge is better, deck stays cleaner for sure, but the cut just isn't good at all. Dealer said belt tension is fine, rpms are fine, deck is pitched and leveled properly. I'm at a loss at this point. I have one property in particular that is 5 acres that I have to double cut every week and takes about 3 hours do so. I've owned a scag tiger cat 2 and that mower cut that lawn in an hour and a half just because I never double cut it and it looked fabulous. Have also used a 335 grasshopper demo on that yard and looked just as good as the scag.

sjessen likes this.
  6. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Frustrating to say the least. Over the years there have been numerous threads citing this issue, all of them centering around the 61" deck.

EvenGrow likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    EvenGrow

EvenGrow LawnSite Member
    from PA

Very, I also bought the fast vac bagger and that is a whole other issue lol bagger doesn't even pull in all the grass and leaves a streak of cut grass right where the opening of the deck is. Looks terrible. Glad I only bought the bagger for leaves or else this thing probably would've been gone about two months ago

8. shane772

shane772 LawnSite Member

My is3200 cuts like crap too. Add to that $1000 worth of parts trying to make the Vanguard run like it should and you'd be even more upset.

9. OP
    OP
    EvenGrow

EvenGrow LawnSite Member
    from PA

You have the efi? My 37 efi has been flawless for 160hrs so far

10. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Is the cut better at lower heights?