1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Ferris is3200 cut issues

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by EvenGrow, Jul 4, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    EvenGrow

EvenGrow LawnSite Member
    from PA

Reason I’m going with the grasshopper is because I’ve used it before on my properties. Left the cleanest cut of any mower I’ve used and I love the mower itself so I don’t think I could go wrong with it. Can’t wait to give a review of it because I believe they are very underrated mowers

sjessen and Mumblingboutmowers like this.
  2. Mumblingboutmowers

Mumblingboutmowers LawnSite Senior Member

So are they buying the Ferris back or are you trading it in on this?

3. OP
    OP
    EvenGrow

EvenGrow LawnSite Member
    from PA

Trading it. Ferris won’t buy it back and didn’t wanna do much to help at all. Not the first time I’ve heard bad things about them either.

4. ktoom

ktoom LawnSite Member

We had the same thing happen with Scag a few years ago on a new Cheetah 52". Scag had a typo on their website stating that the Cheetah 52 came with the BIg Block Brigg 28hp. I have pictures to prove it. We ordered it and upon delivery we found out that it was the junky commercial turf engine. The worst part was that none of the local dealers could exactly verify which briggs engine was on the mower. Anyways, the Dealer said to try it out and we still werent happy. It was very underpowered with a bagger and we bag 90% of the accounts. We should have just given the mower back at the time because scag wouldnt take the mower back at all and we had to trade it in with a major loss. It took a whole year to get this sorted out as we kept racking up hrs(200) on the mower. We no longer buy Scag products. Scag knew they were in the wrong as they quickly changed what the website said.

Evengrow, i think what hurts giving the mower back, is the amount of time on it? Might not matter what brand it is. Maybe some other members can share their experiences.

EvenGrow likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    EvenGrow

EvenGrow LawnSite Member
    from PA

Just got back from the dealer. Ferris wants to fix it still and they'
    re thinking about putting a new deck on it. If that doesn't work, the dealer is gonna tell ferris to buy it back

Ridin' Green and sjessen like this.
  6. OP
    OP
    EvenGrow

EvenGrow LawnSite Member
    from PA

Well, Ferris seems to think I might have a bad deck shell. Dealer is going to take measurements Monday and get back to them. They seem to want to fix it now after 3 months of this problem now. How convenient :dizzy:

7. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

It has been an ordeal for you.

Let's hope for a quick decision one way or the other.

EvenGrow likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    EvenGrow

EvenGrow LawnSite Member
    from PA

Really hoping they are right because I love the mower. Built like a tank, fast, super comfortable, and has crazy power. Just need the cut to be there. I don't mind clumps that much just because almost every mower in my area throws clumps (some just much less than others) but I just can't be double cutting lawns just because of the cut. I have to double cut no matter if its wet or dry at the moment and that's not fun :cry:

Ridin' Green and sjessen like this.
  9. OP
    OP
    EvenGrow

EvenGrow LawnSite Member
    from PA

New deck is on the way. Will update as soon as the dealer gets it and puts it on

shane772 and Hawkshot99 like this.
  10. douglee25

douglee25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TX

Any updates?

Mumblingboutmowers likes this.