• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

ferris or gravely walkbehind?

C4chris70

LawnSite Senior Member
I was planning to purchase a 32" Gravely pro steer gear driven mower in the next few days when I ran across the Ferris hydrowalk 32 today at another dealer. I tried to Ferris in his parking lot, but i'm not sure I like the single hydro. I do some mowing on hills and I'm afraid I may have turning problems as it seemed I had to physically turn the machine myself. The advantage is that the Ferris is only $300 more than the gear driven Gravely. I did a search but didn't really find too much on the hydrowalk. Any input would be appreciated from anyone who has used either of these mowers. I would prefer everyone stick to these two particular mower brands when responding. Thanks!

grassredneck

LawnSite Member
I have a single hydro Ferris (36") and it does take some finesse to turn on a hill w/out tearing up the turf but it can be mastered, You can set up the disc brakes exactly as you need them-They're a little loose from the factory. Never ran a Gravely