Ferris srs z2 52 inch

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Anderson-Wright, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Anderson-Wright

Anderson-Wright LawnSite Member

i just purchased a srs z2 and made a few mods that id like to share with you guys. i modified the chute block for 20 dollars and built the stripping kit for an aditional 20 dollars. Here is the link to check it out. feel free to ask any questions or input.

If I dont get back to this site and you really want an answer go to www.andersonwrightlandscaping.com and fill out the contact form. I receive notifications from there and will get back to you asap

pondfishr likes this.
  2. pondfishr

pondfishr LawnSite Member

How do you like the Z2 stander?

Anderson-Wright likes this.
  3. Anderson-Wright

Honestly I love it, being over the wheels and at the back end takes the guess work out of a lot. I’d relate it to driving your wife’s Chevy Cruze co pared to your pick up in a parking lot.

Down side like I said is just the height, limbs and enclosed trailers. I about knocked myself out a few times pulling it in. I’ve only put 3 hours on it now. The controls have by far the best placement. The scag vrode 2 is to far spread out, Ferris is fairly low to the ground too, the scag was just an accident waiting to happen. The Ferris is stupid fast, I keep it on the second setting. Feels like riding a motorcycle. I can’t wait for things to get warm here. I mow cool season grass in Indiana and the cut looks just as good as my exmark or scags. The price was a selling point too, only 7200 out the door from Bruno’s powersports in Arkansas.

pondfishr likes this.
  4. pondfishr

Just picked my z2 up yesterday. Its a 2017 model with the Vanguard 810 / no oil guard. Mowed with it yesterday for less than an hour but finished way faster than prior mower. The property included steep hills it handled well. Just have to be careful at first to figure out the limits. Crawled going down hill, held well going side to side but you do not want to back up on the side of the hill, and went uphill great. Did have to watch the front wheels and proceed carefully. Going down it never slid but the grass was dry. I love it so far and it is crazy fast! SLE Equipment Nashville

5. Anderson-Wright

Oh u yeah, getting used to a stander takes tile. This is my first one. Wheelie potential
    eah

pondfishr likes this.
  6. pondfishr

It includes the wheels on the back just in case!

Anderson-Wright likes this.
  7. SFL

SFL LawnSite Member

I have a z1. Only difference is that mine is a 48. Came with a 22hp Kawasaki. Love everything about it. Have 20 hrs on it and it’s been raining just about all week and it cuts great and handles amazing on hills. I have a mulch kit on it and love it! The controls are way better than the prostance, grandstand and vride(1) I demoed.

Did notice it bogs down a bit in tall grass (8”+). Would probably be fine if it was shooting it out instead of mulching it.

Stripes we’ll even without a striping kit. Might have to make something like the op.

8. pondfishr

Curious where did you get your mulching kit? I see it advertised as available but can't seem to find one listed with the price.

9. SFL

SFL LawnSite Member

Ordered through my dealer where I also got the mower.

pondfishr likes this.
  10. pondfishr

Was it difficult to install drilling holes and such?