Ferris Z3X opinions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by STATEMENTLAWNCARE, Jul 14, 2019.

1. STATEMENTLAWNCARE

STATEMENTLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

The Ferris Z3X has been out for some time now. Seeing what people think of them. Pros and cons. How well do they do cutting northern grass (wet/dry)? Any reasons to not purchase a 61”....any input would be great. Looking to buy this week!

2. JimMac

JimMac LawnSite Member

I ordered a srs z3 52 inch with the 37 briggs efi oil guard engine. I paid for the stander in may, it is still on back order. I guess these mowers are very popular, I gather they run out quickly every spring. Waiting for a new production run from the manufacturer (briggs&stratton). I am in Boston, cant wait to get it, the stander will be a beast.

3. JimMac

JimMac LawnSite Member

I ordered a srs z3 52 inch with the 37 briggs efi oil guard engine. I paid for the stander in may, it is still on back order. I guess these mowers are very popular, I gather they run out quickly every spring. Waiting for a new production run from the manufacturer (briggs&stratton). I am in Boston, cant wait to get it, the stander will be a beast. Maybe your 61 inch size is more available?

4. OP
    OP
    STATEMENTLAWNCARE

Just spoke with the dealer today and they are 2 months out on getting one. Looks like I’ll be waiting till spring to purchase a Z3X. What a bummer....

5. JimMac

JimMac LawnSite Member

Hi statement, good news here. Got a call today from the dealer, the z3 stander has arrived! Holy crap! Only took 2 plus months. He told me he would have it in a week or so. I can't wait, I'm tired of walking_Jim

6. OP
    OP
    STATEMENTLAWNCARE

Good to hear! I ended up taking a gamble and purchased a 52” Z3X with the 33 hp Briggs. I was unable to get a 61”. I got the mower on Monday so I only have a few hours on it so far. I will check back in once I put some more time on it, but so far it’s looking promising....

7. JimMac

JimMac LawnSite Member

Awesome, is there any deck extension on the left trimming side?...another post on here someone said there is no overhang on the left side due to the bigger z3 frame size, it looks like there is a little, 2 inches or so, when I saw a video on you tube. Must be a beast in the crabgrass though!

8. OP
    OP
    STATEMENTLAWNCARE

Yes, there is about 2-3” on trim side. I don’t cut too much crab grass, mostly treated lawns and the stripe is amazing. I really like the articulating front end, it’s almost impossible to scalp a lawn

9. JimMac

JimMac LawnSite Member

Hey statement, well I picked up the mower today! She is a beast. Looks like they moved the deck over a little to the left to obtain that 3" trim. I got the stripe kit and led headlights. Headlights not installed yet, they will order those. Cant wait to try it out!