1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Fert/aerating

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dink38, Jul 16, 2000.

1. Dink38

Dink38 LawnSite Member

We have a commercial account that now wants a price in fert/aerating. This was not in our contract. Could you tell us how you come up with a price for this. Do you know if the fert can be bought in bulk. This property is about 6 acres. Is liquid fert better or not?<br>Thanks,<br>Terri

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I charge $24.00 per 1000 sf., so it would be around $6,260.00. That is based on fescue/K31 prices, more expensive seed would change the charges a little. You may want to offer a slight discount, it up to you. Remember, nearly $2000.00 will be in expenses, liquid fert will save you a little $$, but granular would be faster to apply on this amount of land and is what I would do.<p>Ray

3. I would get $2k for the job. With my equipment I could do the job in less than 10 man hours and the material cost will be about<br>$180 using 32-5-7 50% slow release.

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Sorry, I thought it said seed also. I would charge $12.00 per 1000sf. The fert. cost here would be around $280.00 (each bag covering 13,500 sf, 20 bags at $14.00 a bag)<p>Ray

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Think about subing it out to a fert. company.(chemlawn,lawn dr.) You will still have control over the lawn and they will be doing the work for you. Add 5-10% to there price. I've done this before-it works!

6. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

I charge double what you get to mow the property to areate it plus $30 for flagging heads on the first 10 sprinkler zones.The fert should be done by a licensed professional. Just tack on 10% to the fert bill for your trouble.