Fert and Pest license Florida

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jimithing31, Jul 26, 2009.

  1. jimithing31

    jimithing31 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 145

    Can anyone in Florida direct me to where I can find the info on licensure requirements for a fert and pest or just fert applicator license?


    This is all I can find and it tells me nothing... All I am looking to do is fert applications on my customers lawns.

  2. bug-guy

    bug-guy LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,032

    i don't think you need a lic to fert in the state, you might need a county opcupational.
    try this contact
    If you have any questions, please contact:
    Kathleen Osgood
    E-mail osgoodk@doacs.state.fl.us
    3125 Conner Boulevard, Building 8
    Tallahassee, FL 32399-1650
    Phone: (850) 488-3314
    Fax: (850) 922-6961

    remember if you no lic is required to fert that means fert only no combo products
  3. bugguy8

    bugguy8 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 44

    This should help you out alot... Its an email i got when I asked the same question to the State of Florida.....

    In order to use any pesticide/insecticide or fungicides on someone else’s property, you must have a license through the state of Florida. It does not matter if it can be purchased at Home Depot or Walmart. For lawn companies we have a Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance license which would allow you to treat plant beds and ornamental plants only. You will not be able to treat entire lawns with this license. To begin, you will need 6 hours of classes. Here is a list of class providers http://www.flaes.org/pdf/Memo_835.pdf . You will need to submit the Record of Attendance for the classes along with the application http://www.flaes.org/pdf/lndspckt.pdf , a photo and $150. When those items are received, an approval letter will be sent to you to take the exam. The exams are held at your county extension office, so you will need to contact them to find out when they are offering it. (Some extension offices will offer the 6 hour class and the exam in the same day) You must pass the exam with a 75% or better and upon passing, you will need to submit a Certificate of Insurance for General Liability.

    The above attachments are our laws and regulations. Florida Statutes Chapter 482.156 deals specifically with this license.

    You may also find more information on our website www.flaes.org

    If you have any questions or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

    Thank you,

    Michelle Branch

    Certified Operator Exam Desk

    Bureau of Entomology and Pest Control

    1203 Governors Square Blvd. Ste 300

    Tallahassee, Fl. 32301



    I hope this helps you out......
  4. Does Certificate of Insurance for GL mean actual commercial business insurance???

Share This Page