1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Fertilizer Application Pricing

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Husky, Jan 29, 2003.

1. VARMIT COMMISSION

VARMIT COMMISSION LawnSite Senior Member

Plus 780 would be 1/2.

2. Harley-D

Harley-D LawnSite Senior Member

Runner:
    How can guys stay in business doing 1/2 acres for $55? The fert alone would cost $25-30 at real decent prices. That's charging less than $3/k! Wow, competitive huh?

3. Kylec3

Kylec3 LawnSite Member

i would prob be around 60-65 per app... this includes 2 crabgrass and 2 post emergent...grub control would bring the price up a little more

4. OUTLANDER

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

i guess i just do it like this...cost of product+30% markup, and labor/time to apply it, at my rate hourly....works out to be pretty comparable to rates on here i've read.................this way i guess customer just has to see if a certain application costs me more, then it costs them more

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Wow!...I guess I missed THAT one big time! lol

HarleyD,...Yeah,...it sucks, but that's what many companies around here charge.....especially the bigger ones. Granted, they don't deliver anything - just a middle of theroad mediocre program, but that's what they do. While many of our lawns ARE around 62-65 bucks, I run across these customers who are used to paying these minimal amounts all the time.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  6. jimmyzlc

jimmyzlc LawnSite Senior Member

If you do your homework and find a wholesale supplier your can get a 50 lb. bag of fertilizer for 18-20 bucks a bag. I just bought 25 bags of 25-5-11 for $18.25 a bag. 2-3 dollars more with weed control pre or post.

7. grass4gas

grass4gas LawnSite Senior Member

Look at the posting date...It was 1/30/2003 when he made that comment. Still low, but not as bad as if he was charging that price today.