1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

fertilizer license in Pa.

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Green Quality, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Green Quality

Green Quality LawnSite Member

I just want to use (straight fert) , no pesticide.Can some body give me a step by step walk through? Is there a test or a fee ? just straight fert any help thankyou for your time! :help:

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

For straight fert, there is no license required.

3. Stringblade

Stringblade LawnSite Member
    from pgh pa

you must certainly be certified to spread just fert. i just got the books to study from penn state aggriculture dept. theres a test every couple weeks around pittsburgh. the books are 100 the test is less howevere im not sure how much.

4. Green Quality

This why I am asking I was on the Pa ag web site it is stated a $25.00 fee for fertilizer license, I'm lost which is it,please help I thank you both ,but one say's yes ,the other say's no! :help:

5. tjgray

tjgray LawnSite Senior Member

I would give your states local Department of Agriculture a call......or if you hate the telephone as much as I do then send them an email *then you would have your information in writing :)*

6. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

The core test is 50 bucks, and the categories are 10 each....This question was just covered, do a search...

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Can you show me where it says that?

8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I believe you're referring to the license that's required of manufactures of fertilizer.

9. rkk95

rkk95 LawnSite Member
    from west PA

You do not have to be certified to use straight fert in PA. Call the dept. of ag, number in pittsburgh area is 724-443-1585. What advantage do you think that you will have by just doing straight fert? Your customers will still have weeds, insects, and crabgrass, but it will be green I guess.

10. Green Quality

Thank you for the number I called the office to day and got my answer!for straight fertilizer, no license needed,what advantage do I have using straight fert, a choice of a common sense!approach , a organic program! lots of lawns and yards with kids and pets ,water wells,that are hard at play in the summer time ,I have kids and never would i put down any pesticide in my own yard!what advantage do i have ,power to educate one lawn at a time! thank you!