• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

Fertilizer/lime application

Lawnsmith7

LawnSite Member
I'm just starting out this year and I want to do it right.... First, do you have to have a pest.license to apply fertilizer and lime for your customers....Secondly, how offers the best rates for financing equipment with less than perfect credit scoring :blob2: :blob2: :confused:

tiedeman

LawnSite Fanatic
Every state is different for fertilizer applications. Now Pesticides is a different story. Usually you have to be certified and the business has to have a license. Make sure that you do soil tests to find out whether or not a lime applicaiton is necessary.

Sheffield Financial is the best that I could find.

OP
L

Lawnsmith7

LawnSite Member
thanks for the info tiedeman...I have 6 clients as of now from last year just cutting on the side I would like to get about 30 accounts by cutting season what do you assume is the best approach to achieve this goal

hartlawnmain

LawnSite Member
If you want a John Deere or Great Dane, JD has the best financing right now! In house...1% of balance the first year, 3% the second year. This is with a 9.9% apr. This keeps your payments very low for a couple of years until you get a good positive cash flow going. Payment on a $10,000 mower is only about $110.00/month year one.

OP
L

Lawnsmith7

LawnSite Member
Thanks Hartlawnmain I will check into that at the Jd dealer in Cornelius they have a large selection:cool: