1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

fertilizer spreaders and zero turns

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by krugdl, Apr 21, 2005.

1. krugdl

krugdl LawnSite Member
    from SW Ohio

Can anyone tell me if there is a fertilizer spreader that is made for a zero turn. I am getting a ferris 4500 and haven't come across anything that looks like it would work with a z. Your recommendations please.

Thank you

2. wally world III

wally world III LawnSite Member

lesco has one

goes on the front of ztr, plus its electric, brackets can be removed
    :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

YUeah,...these are GREAT for getting pesticides all over you. We had to laugh one day at a guy that came into Lesco just COVERED in yellow. It was all over his chest and neck, too. he was telling us how great his spreader on his Z worked.

5. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Runner, I have to disagree with you here. I spent 13 years pulling a hose and spraying lawns, coming home covered in overspray from my knees down. Since I built a spread/spray machine out of an old boat anchor (skag turf runner) I do not have any discernible overspray on me. My shoes are clean, my pants are clean, my shirts are clean...and I can treat twice the amount of lawns per day.

6. GrassMasterNC

GrassMasterNC LawnSite Member

sod king,

that sounds really interesting...would love to see a picture - how did you do it? how well does it work and how do you calibrate it? Thanks!