1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

fertilizer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jaybee, Sep 18, 2000.

1. jaybee

jaybee LawnSite Member

customer asked me about fertilizing a portion of his lawn this fall. It is basically a cow pasture that I kept mowed. It's a rather large area. I was thinking of just using Lots of lime. Any ideas . I don't think the grass is worth the expensive fertilizer.

2. Chip

Chip LawnSite Member

If this is an active cow pasture I would be careful about what types of chemicals you use. If it is unused by livestock give your customer a price and fertilize it.

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

If he wants it done,give him a fair price and be honest with him about the cost.i am sure he is aware of the cost associated with a large area,if not he will be soon.How many acres is it?I would put down a basic 20-4-10 or something similar,itll cost you 40 an acre to go at 1 lb/1000.charge him a fair price,even if he's got 5 acres itll still be under 500if i did it.Why would you lime it?Do you have a soil test to show low PH?You didnt say if you had one done.If ph is 6 or lower-then lime is a good idea in the future or now.