Fertilizing License in Alabama?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by gcbama, Mar 21, 2006.

  1. gcbama

    gcbama LawnSite Member
    Messages: 29

    Do you need a license to apply fertilizers and weed control in the state of Alabama?

  2. WarEagleCRL

    WarEagleCRL LawnSite Member
    Messages: 66

    You dont have to be licensed to apply fert, but you do if you're applying herbicides, even if its weed and feed. Contact the AL Dept of Agriculture and Industries in Montgomery and they'll send you the study info for free.
  3. NickN

    NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama
    Messages: 1,009

    Actually,all of the study material isn't free.You have to purchase some of the material from Auburn.The freebie,really doesn't have much of anything in it.
  4. AUHort1990

    AUHort1990 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 137

    Here is a link to their rules:


    To their website:


    To the Pest Management section of their website:


    And Nick is right...some of the materiel you have to pay for.

    Oh, here is their contact page for Pest Managment. I think Ava Mann is who you will need to contact for study material.


Share This Page